Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Forms: can a cell itself be clickable?

Hi! I'm trying to create a form for my boss. I'm using the forms toolbar,
but what it does is throw in a check box for instance, but if I change the
cell in any way, the "picture" of the click box stays where it's at. Any way
to change this?

In other words, I don't want to the click box to be a picture, I want it to
be an integral part of the cell, so I can modify it as needed (ie. place it
centrered horizontally or vertically etc.

Am I dreaming in colour?

Thanks!

Carmen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I've seen a macro that will insert a checkmark when you select the cell, but
I'd have to do some digging to find it. Until then you can use the following
I found in another old post. With this procedure, you can type anything in a
cell and it will show a checkmark. It doesn't really act as a checkbox, but
it will give you the look you want . . . maybe. :)

1. Select the range/cell you want to turn into a checkbox

2. Format|cells|number tab|custom category

3. In the "type:" box, paste the following:
ü;ü;ü;ü
(umlaut over the lower case u separated by semicolons)

4. Format that range of cells as Wingdings.

Now, no matter what you type (spacebar, x, anyoldtextatall), you'll see a
check
mark.

Also if you want a checkmark or an x depending on whether you type a 1 or 0
you can use the following custom format
ü;;û
now when you type a one (1) you will see a checkmark, and when you type a
zero (0) you will see a fancy x.