programmingrookie

Default Select Range of Cells

Within a single column, how would I set a range to be just the cells that
have data? I want to lock these cells using a change event, while leaving
the remainder of the cells editable. I'm trying to set one range as the
entire column, and a second range as cells with data, then using an intersect
to lock the cells with data. This should allow for continuous locking of
newly used cells.

Bob Phillips

Maybe use SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks) to find the empty cells and lock
the column then unlock those

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"programmingrookie" wrote in
message ...
Within a single column, how would I set a range to be just the cells that
have data? I want to lock these cells using a change event, while leaving
the remainder of the cells editable. I'm trying to set one range as the
entire column, and a second range as cells with data, then using an

intersect
to lock the cells with data. This should allow for continuous locking of
newly used cells.

programmingrookie

I've figured out how to set my ranges to select those that are newly edited.
The problem I'm having now is with locking them. I want to protect my
worksheet before distributing it, and have the range to be edited as
unlocked. After edit, I want to lock only those cells that have been edited.
However, I get an error that it can't be done while the sheet is protected.
Is there anyway around this?