Sybil227

Default insert data into chart

I have a chart that refers to a certain range (for the sake of arguement,
let's say "A1:C5") for its source data.

I now want to insert more data. Say before row 2. So I do a row insert,
then add my data. So now the range the chart SHOULD look at is A1:C6. But
it doesn't. Now it looks like "A1:C1;A3:C6".

Is there a way to have a chart automatically include the inserted row?

The real-world problem I'm working on has LOTS of charts already made.
Their source data is a direct references to cells on another sheet. I need
to update all of these charts with more data. I'm hoping there's some way I
can just insert a row and have it included in the chart.

Please help!

Thanks!
John Mansfield

One solution is to use dynamic formulas to define the chart range. The
formulas will also automatically update the chart. The process is described
he

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Sybil227" wrote:

I have a chart that refers to a certain range (for the sake of arguement,
let's say "A1:C5") for its source data.

I now want to insert more data. Say before row 2. So I do a row insert,
then add my data. So now the range the chart SHOULD look at is A1:C6. But
it doesn't. Now it looks like "A1:C1;A3:C6".

Is there a way to have a chart automatically include the inserted row?

The real-world problem I'm working on has LOTS of charts already made.
Their source data is a direct references to cells on another sheet. I need
to update all of these charts with more data. I'm hoping there's some way I
can just insert a row and have it included in the chart.

Please help!

Thanks!

Sybil227

Well....that is helpful. But it would mean re-doing the 50+ that are already
set up. So I take it there's no way to just insert a row and have Excel
recognize that row as part of the source data the way it's currently set up?