Diane

Default Closing Excel

when I have mulitple excel workbooks opened, I try closing all of them by
using the red X (upper right hand corner). I get the question, do you want
to save changes and I click on "Yes to all", but nothing happens. If I click
on the X again, excel will close. Any ideas would be appreciated.
CyberTaz

Hi Diane-

When you click the Close button the first tim, it applies to workbooks that
are open, but _does not_ cause Excel to quit. The idea being that you may be
closing those files but want to open others.

If you no longer need Excel to be running use the FileExit command (Alt+F4)
instead of the Close Button. You will still be prompted re any unsaved
changes in open workbooks.

HTH |:)

"Diane" wrote:

when I have mulitple excel workbooks opened, I try closing all of them by
using the red X (upper right hand corner). I get the question, do you want
to save changes and I click on "Yes to all", but nothing happens. If I click
on the X again, excel will close. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Diane

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try what you suggested, but that did not
work either. In either instance, the workbooks do not close. I would be
fine if excel did not close, but nothing will close until you click on the X
for the second time. I tried deleting the *.xlb file, thinking it was a
toolbar issue causing me grief, but that didn't help either.