Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How many worksheets can I add on a workbook for Excel XP

I am working on a workbook and I will be adding maybe 200 worksheets, will
that be possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The maximum number of worksheets is 255. If you are planning on doing this
at one time a quick way to add a lot of worksheets is click
ToolsOptionsGeneral and select how many sheets you want in the new
notebook. Open a new book and then chage it back to a more reasonable
number. I hope that helps.

"Elda" wrote:

I am working on a workbook and I will be adding maybe 200 worksheets, will
that be possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, the maximum number of worksheets is limited by available memory. The
maximum number of worksheets you can instruct XL to open a new workbook with
is 255.

There's a distnct difference there, though.

Dave

"Elda" wrote:

I am working on a workbook and I will be adding maybe 200 worksheets, will
that be possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add as many as you want until you run out of memory.

The maximum number of default sheets in a new workbook is 255 but you can add
more later if you can get away with it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP