Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting cells to show length of time in Days and hours

You could do something like =INT(A2)&" days "&TEXT(A2,"hh")&" hours"
--
David Biddulph

"Forum Freak" wrote in message
Hi all

Is it possible to format cells to show length of time as "Days and Hours"?

I tried [d]:h (based on [h]:m) but this does not work. d:h gives a false
result if the value is a few months!

The majority of cells time value are around a couple of days but
occasionally some values are months or even over a year.

I do not want to format as "y:m:d:h" to cover every eventuality.

I am using excel2003

TIA

Kenny