Biochemist

Default underscore between name in excel csv format to export names into o

I have a excel spread sheet with cell a1 - a500 that has last name and cell
b1 -b500 that has first name and I know the e-mail address for all 500
people, what I need to be able to do is creat a row that will have the same
e-mail address after there last name, with an underscore between first and
last name, it would look something like . I have had
some one explaine how to get ther name and email address into a new cell, how
ever what I dont know how to do now is put the underscore between first and
last name
Alok

Enter

= B1 & "_" & A1 & "

in Cell C1 and copy that from C2 to C500

Alok Joshi

"Biochemist" wrote:

I have a excel spread sheet with cell a1 - a500 that has last name and cell
b1 -b500 that has first name and I know the e-mail address for all 500
people, what I need to be able to do is creat a row that will have the same
e-mail address after there last name, with an underscore between first and
last name, it would look something like . I have had
some one explaine how to get ther name and email address into a new cell, how
ever what I dont know how to do now is put the underscore between first and
last name

Alok

I think the formula should be

=Sum(if('daily data'!$a$2:$a$2000<='by pay week'!a2, 'daily
data'!$e$2:$e$2000,0))

You have to array enter the formula, that is with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

Alok Joshi

"Biochemist" wrote:

I have a excel spread sheet with cell a1 - a500 that has last name and cell
b1 -b500 that has first name and I know the e-mail address for all 500
people, what I need to be able to do is creat a row that will have the same
e-mail address after there last name, with an underscore between first and
last name, it would look something like . I have had
some one explaine how to get ther name and email address into a new cell, how
ever what I dont know how to do now is put the underscore between first and
last name

Gord Dibben

Assuming you have no spaces in A1 and B1.........

=HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A1 & "_" & B1 & ")

Same answer to your question in .misc news group.

Try to stick with one thread. Makes it easier on all of us.

Gord