Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Ken is offline

Default notify of entered criteria

I have list of criteria E104, E105, E107, E123, E124, E127, E131, E142,
E952, E1510, ALCOHOL
The criteria is listed in "A1" How do I get my spreadsheet to notify me if
any of the above criteria is entered into any other part of the spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 5, 4:37 am, Ken wrote:
I have list of criteria E104, E105, E107, E123, E124, E127, E131, E142,
E952, E1510, ALCOHOL
The criteria is listed in "A1" How do I get my spreadsheet to notify me if
any of the above criteria is entered into any other part of the spreadsheet?

Would the entry be a cell with nothing but one of those criteria in
it? Because then COUNTIF could work. Although you'd want to move each
criterion to its own cell for ease of use. Could be done on a separate
sheet.

Otherwise probably a macro to search would be best.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Ken is offline

Never used Macro search before. Would this automatically notify me of the
entry or would I have run the search eachtime?