Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW DO I CREATE AN AUTO RETURN IN A COLUMN THAT IS OFF MY WORKSHEE

I HAVE TO ENTER DATA OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN A WORKSHEET. I CAN HIT THE TAB
BUTTON AND AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE NEXT CELL. HOWEVER, WHEN I GET TO THE END
OF THE ROW I ENTERING I HAVE TO SCOLL BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE WORKSHEET
OR BACK TAB TO IT. IS THERE ANYWAY TO FORMAT THE COLUMN AT THE END OF MY
WORKSHEET THAT I DON'T NEED TO HAVE A "AUTO RETURN" FUNCTION THAT WILL SENT
MY CURSOR BACK TO COLUMN A. THAT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL!!!!! THANKS.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Linda,

1st please do not type in proper, it sounds like a scream..

backing what about hide the other columns ?

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"LINDA" escreveu:

I HAVE TO ENTER DATA OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN A WORKSHEET. I CAN HIT THE TAB
BUTTON AND AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE NEXT CELL. HOWEVER, WHEN I GET TO THE END
OF THE ROW I ENTERING I HAVE TO SCOLL BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE WORKSHEET
OR BACK TAB TO IT. IS THERE ANYWAY TO FORMAT THE COLUMN AT THE END OF MY
WORKSHEET THAT I DON'T NEED TO HAVE A "AUTO RETURN" FUNCTION THAT WILL SENT
MY CURSOR BACK TO COLUMN A. THAT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL!!!!! THANKS.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I can't think of an autoreturn function, however if I create a
spreadsheet for users to enter data I protect the sheet and leave the
cells for data entry unlocked, this way they can tab through the data
fields they need to enter as they cannot select locked cells.
Not a perfect solution, but it may be worth a try. :)

--
NNothard
NNothard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35791

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Linda,
Select the range of cell you are filling in. and tab thru. It will go back
to the beginning when you get to the end. Give it a try. If you like it, use
Insert/Name/Define and define the range you use for input. Select that from
the cell selection indicator on the upper left of the screen, and it will
highlight your range for you.

HTH

Beege

"LINDA" wrote in message
I HAVE TO ENTER DATA OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN A WORKSHEET. I CAN HIT THE TAB
BUTTON AND AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE NEXT CELL. HOWEVER, WHEN I GET TO THE
END
OF THE ROW I ENTERING I HAVE TO SCOLL BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE
WORKSHEET
OR BACK TAB TO IT. IS THERE ANYWAY TO FORMAT THE COLUMN AT THE END OF MY
WORKSHEET THAT I DON'T NEED TO HAVE A "AUTO RETURN" FUNCTION THAT WILL
SENT
MY CURSOR BACK TO COLUMN A. THAT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL!!!!! THANKS.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Linda

Start in column A and Tab your way to Column M.

When leaving Column M hit the ENTER key to go back to A and one row down.

Make sure your ENTER key is set to move down via ToolsOptionsEdit "Move
selection after enter"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:51:02 -0700, LINDA
wrote:

I HAVE TO ENTER DATA OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN A WORKSHEET. I CAN HIT THE TAB
BUTTON AND AUTOMATICALLY GO TO THE NEXT CELL. HOWEVER, WHEN I GET TO THE END
OF THE ROW I ENTERING I HAVE TO SCOLL BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THE WORKSHEET
OR BACK TAB TO IT. IS THERE ANYWAY TO FORMAT THE COLUMN AT THE END OF MY
WORKSHEET THAT I DON'T NEED TO HAVE A "AUTO RETURN" FUNCTION THAT WILL SENT
MY CURSOR BACK TO COLUMN A. THAT WOULD BE SO WONDERFUL!!!!! THANKS.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW DO I CREATE AN AUTO RETURN IN A COLUMN THAT IS OFF MY WORK

Sorry. I'm use to all caps because that's the way I have to enter data on our
company software. In addition my keyboard usually stays in all caps because
of this.
Thanks for your assistance.