Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I format a cell in Excel to show a dash instead of 0.00?

In Excel, I have two cells that are both formatted as accounting, decimal 2
and symbol none.
One cell returns a dash -, the other 0.00.
I want both cells to return a -.
I have tried to paint the formatting but it still doesn't work.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The 0.00 one is not exactly zero. Format temporarily as General and you'll
see there are some digits beyond the two decimals.
Use ROUND() to round to zero

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Reb3boys" wrote in message
In Excel, I have two cells that are both formatted as accounting, decimal
2
and symbol none.
One cell returns a dash -, the other 0.00.
I want both cells to return a -.
I have tried to paint the formatting but it still doesn't work.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<Use ROUND() to round to zero

I meant to two decimals