Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Open text file in excel that has multiple rows of data

I frequently have text files to open in Excel that will have identifying
information on the first row and then additional information on rows below
but they have different data. After opened, and I sort, I loose who or what
the other rows are assoicated with.
Example :
Cell A1 B1 C1 D1
Name Address City State
Cell A2 B2 C2 D2
Blank Blank Blank Zip
Cell A3 B3 C3 D3
Name Address City State
Cell A4 B4 C4 D4
Blank Blank Blank Zip

There is nothing that relates the information in row 2 to row 1, or row 4
to row 3. If there are many names and header rows to the file being brought
in, I try to cleanup the file to make the file more manageable by sorting.
If I sort, I loose who belongs to the next row after each name. Is there a
way to sort that will tell it to keep so many rows together or is there a way
to tell the program to add a type of identifyer so when you sort, it all
stays together?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to Dataimport extrnal dataimport date
now you will see a import data windos. there you can add column. read the
instruction and follow them.