Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
infodata

Default Excel problem - urgent

Hi all,

I have a task to do for a uny but unfortunately I have no idea what do
I have to do and where do I jave to start.

Here is the problem:

*Problem 1
The length of a metal rod is measured repeatedly as its temperature
changes. The table shows the resulting data.

T(C) L(cm)
10 64.600
15 64.603
20 64.605
25 64.608
30 64.612
35 64.614

The length of a rod is related to its temperature by the general linear
equation:

L = Lo + Lo a T

whe Lo is the lenght of the rod at T = 0C

and a is the coefficient of linear expansion

----

You are required to do the following using Excel.

1.Plot L against T with the trendline equation.
2.Find the value of Lo and a using the SLOPE and INTERCEPT functions.
3.Use the equation found to calculate the rod length at 48C*

Any help or advice will be highly appriciated.

Thanks a lot.

D.S.

--
infodata
infodata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34379

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

I would suggest to start by checking if the Analysis ToolPack add-in is
installed (Tools - Add-ins), as those functions are available there.
After that, you can place the formulas in your worksheet, and check the help
for the functions; it comes with some examples, that may be useful in your
case. There is also a good step by step help on how to add a trendline to a
graph.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.