Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chris Hardick

Default how do i format a cell based on format of a range of cells?

A group of 20 adjacent cells within a row are manually colour coded based
upon status. There is a priority associated with the color(5 levels).
I would like to change background colour of other cells within the row to
match the highest priority colour
I have looked at conditional formatting but it does not give ability to
check a cells formatting, only its contents
Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Hi Chris...........
Five levels of conditional formatting can be attained with VBA, but one must
still specify the criteria for the Priority Assignment.....if not the
contents of a cell, then perhaps another column devoted to Priority.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Chris Hardick" wrote:

A group of 20 adjacent cells within a row are manually colour coded based
upon status. There is a priority associated with the color(5 levels).
I would like to change background colour of other cells within the row to
match the highest priority colour
I have looked at conditional formatting but it does not give ability to
check a cells formatting, only its contents
Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chris Hardick

Thanks for the response, unfortunately I have no experience of VBA.
Can you point me at a good online resource covering the basics of VBA with
EXCEL

Thanks