Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell colors on conditional format

I am trying to format several cells so that the background and text changes
color when the numbers 0,1,2,3 or 4 are entered but if any number higher
nothing is to be changed. My problem is when I use the CELL VALUE IS BETWEEN
function the cells change when blank but I don't what the changes when blank.
Is there a better function to use.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use "formula is" in conditional formatting

say its cell u10 you wish to apply format, in this cell apply the
conditional formatting and type

=IF(AND(U10<5,U10<""),TRUE,FALSE)

Then apply your format.
--
This post was created using recycled electrons!

"tankerman" wrote:

I am trying to format several cells so that the background and text changes
color when the numbers 0,1,2,3 or 4 are entered but if any number higher
nothing is to be changed. My problem is when I use the CELL VALUE IS BETWEEN
function the cells change when blank but I don't what the changes when blank.
Is there a better function to use.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formula Is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1<=4)

That'll work as long as the numbers are always positive. If you need to
account for any negative values:

=AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1=0,A1<=4)

Biff