Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joshua Hullender

Default How do I combine quantities of similar line items

I need a way to combine quantities of similar part numbers into one line item
rather than several line items of only a single quantity.

I would like to turn this......:
Part Number Qty.
D4DP91SRAA 1
D4DP6XY6AB 1
D4DP6XY6AB 1
D4DP6XY6AB 1
D4DP6XY6AB 1

........Into this:
Part Number Qty.
D4DP91SRAA 1
D4DP6XY6AB 4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I'd use data|Pivottable.

But if your data is sorted, using data|subtotals will get you kind of close.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Look at datafilteradvanced filter, select the part number range and select
unique records only and copy to another location

Peo Sjoblom

"Joshua Hullender" wrote in
message ...