Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I create a formula repeated on the adjacentt columns?

I am trying to make the same operation for each column - the only difference
is in the rows, e.g.
C3=A3*B*
C4=A4*B4, etc.

I don't want to have to re-enter a similar formula for each added row.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select cell C3.
Move your curser to the fill handle (lower right of cell).
When the curser becomes a black cross, left-click and
drag down as far as you wish.

George Gee

"Excelless" wrote in message
I am trying to make the same operation for each column - the only
difference
is in the rows, e.g.
C3=A3*B*
C4=A4*B4, etc.

I don't want to have to re-enter a similar formula for each added row.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

If you want to multiply A3 by B3, then in C3 type: =A3*B3
and copy down as previously described!

If you require anything other than this, I suggest you try to
explain exactly what it is that you want, in more detail.

Also it would be prudent to use a *copy* of your workbook
to try anything new.

George Gee

"Excelless" wrote:

I am trying to make the same operation for each column - the only
difference
is in the rows, e.g.
C3=A3*B*
C4=A4*B4, etc.

I don't want to have to re-enter a similar formula for each added row.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

ToolsOptionsCalculation.

Make sure you are set for "Automatic".

Also be sure you don't have absolute references in the first cell.

C3 should have =A3*B3 which will increment to =A4*B4 as you copy down.

You may have =$A$3*$B$3 which fixes the references to just those two cells.

Remove the $ signs from C3 formula and try again with the copy down.

Don't forget the = sign

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP