HT

Default Print Area

Excel 2003
Windows XP

I have a document that is not printing correctly. I have checked to "clear
print area" and the clear print area/set print area options are greyed out
even after selecting the cells.

Please advise.

Thank you.

mr tom

Click 'Tools' then 'Protection' This opens another menu with 3? options. If
the top option is 'Unprotect Sheet', then your sheet is currently protected,
which could cause you not to be able to manipulate it. (If it's not
protected at the moment, then it will show as 'Protect Sheet').

Simply click on 'Unprotect Sheet' to unprotect it and enable print area
amendment.

Beware - it might be necessary to enter a password to unprotect the sheet.
In this case, you have two options - either obtain the password, or contact
the person who holds the password and ask them to make the changes for you.

Hope this helps.

Tom.

"HT" wrote:

Excel 2003
Windows XP

I have a document that is not printing correctly. I have checked to "clear
print area" and the clear print area/set print area options are greyed out
even after selecting the cells.

Please advise.

Thank you.

HT

The odd thing is that another user was able to access..but they
"unprotected" and didn't mention it.

Thank you for your help Mr. Tom.