Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003, how can I delete all empty rows

I pasted a large document from Word into Excel. Everything worked perfectly
but now I need to remove the blank lines that became empty rows. I suspect a
macro would accomplish this but I have never programmed a macro in Excel.
--
-Edgar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way if they are truly blank, select the range, press F5, select special,
select blanks, press OK. Do editdelete or press ctrl + -, select entire row
and press OK

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Edgar" wrote in message
I pasted a large document from Word into Excel. Everything worked perfectly
but now I need to remove the blank lines that became empty rows. I suspect
macro would accomplish this but I have never programmed a macro in Excel.
--
-Edgar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Edgar,

Example:

Do the following:

1. Click the first row the Excel sheet.
2. On the Data manu, point to Filter, and then click the AutoFilter.
3. All blank rows will be displayed along with the data.
4. Click the row buton on the left and highlight the rows you wna to delete.
5. Right-click and click Delete.

Challa Prabhu