Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
C Anderson

Default Multiple Formulas in same cell

I am having trouble trying to make a formula work.

what I am trying to do is this. I have text in one cell ie Townsville,
Sydney, Brisbane. If I have Brisbane in the cell then I need the worksheet
to take the value from an adjacent cell and *0.44%*50/25. If the value of
the cell is Townsville then I need the worksheet to take the value from the
adjacent cell and *0.44%*35/25. If the value is anything else I need the
worksheet to take the value from the adjacent cell and *0.36%*35/25

Can anyone help me with this delimnar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"C Anderson" wrote:
.. I have text in one cell ie Townsville, Sydney, Brisbane.
If I have Brisbane in the cell then I need the worksheet
to take the value from an adjacent cell and *0.44%*50/25.
If the value of the cell is Townsville
then I need the worksheet to take the value from the
adjacent cell and *0.44%*35/25.
If the value is anything else I need the
worksheet to take the value from the adjacent cell
and *0.36%*35/25

One way ..

Assuming text in A1 down,
with adjacent values (to multiply) in B1 down

Put in C1, copy down:
=IF(A1="","",IF(A1="Townsville",B1*0.44%*35/25,IF(A1="Brisbane",B1*0.44%*50/
25,B1*0.36%*35/25)))
--
Max
Singapore