Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert Relative to absolute address

How can I convert a relative address to an absolute address in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How can I convert a relative address to an absolute address in Excel?

Put $ signs in front of the parts of the address that you want to be
absolute.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The problem I have is that I have a number of formulas refering to a relative
address and I wish to have them refer to absolute. I am trying to avoid
redoing all references by adding the $ to each one.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

How can I convert a relative address to an absolute address in Excel?

Put $ signs in front of the parts of the address that you want to be
absolute.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is more easily accomplished by clicking in the cell with the formula
and then click in the formula bar on the cell address you wish to revise.
Then hit <F4 and you will automatically add absolute attributes.
Each time you hit <F4, you'll see the references rotate through the various
absolute instances.

If you select the *entire* formula in the formula bar, *every* reference
will change at the same time.
--
HTH,

RD