Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup-cell range in formula changes when copied to another cell

I've sent up several "forms" on one worksheet. When I copy the "master form"
under another, the cell range in the vlookup formula changes. I need the
cell range in the formula to remain the same no matter where it is copied in
the worksheet. Any suggestions?

example: =VLOOKUP(B39,'Other Crystals & Findings'!A1:B225,2)

I need it to always remain A1:B225.

Thanks,
Pixiemom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use absolute references like below
=VLOOKUP(B39,'Other Crystals & Findings'!$A$1:$B$225,2)

Even better
Create a NAME (eg Lookup_Table) for the range 'Other Crystals &
Findings'!$A$1:$B$225 and use that... like
=VLOOKUP(B39,Lookup_Table,2)