Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
minxy11

Default Vlookup and SUM

hi, i am wanting to use vlookup and sum funtion together but dont know
how, i am using a table for transactions (employee names and prices).
what i want to do is search the transactions and add up the total sales
per person.
thanks

--
minxy11
minxy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32848

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

See if this is what you're after:

Column A = names
Column B = price

=SUMIF(A:A,"some_name",B:B)

Biff

"minxy11" wrote in
message ...

hi, i am wanting to use vlookup and sum funtion together but dont know
how, i am using a table for transactions (employee names and prices).
what i want to do is search the transactions and add up the total sales
per person.
thanks

--
minxy11
minxy11's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526631

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sridhar V

Hi,

You can try this

Name Sales
(Column A) (Column B)
A 100
B 200
C 300
A 1000
B 2000
C 3000

SUMIF(range,criteria,[sum_range])
=SUMIF(A:A,"B",B:B)

I Hope this will help you.

Sridhar

"minxy11" wrote:

hi, i am wanting to use vlookup and sum funtion together but dont know
how, i am using a table for transactions (employee names and prices).
what i want to do is search the transactions and add up the total sales
per person.
thanks

--
minxy11
minxy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32848
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526631

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CarlosAntenna

With a Pivot Table you could sum up the sales for all your people at once.
I do this all the time for our sales force. I also sum up sales by
customer. It's really fast and easy.

--
Carlos

"minxy11" wrote in