Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
CST CST is offline

Default Stacked bar chart for survey results (agree/disagree)

I have survey results with answers from strongly agree to strongly disagree.
I would like to show the results for each question in a stacked bar chart.
The first bar (left) shows the strongly agree and agree together with the %
of overall responses above the bar(for both categories combined). The second
would be the neutral answers with the percent above. the third bar would have
disagree and strongly disagree with the % above it.

The point is that if our statement is "22% strongly agree or agree" then it
is obvious from the chart.
thanks for any suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You need four columns. Leftmost lists the questions, then in the next three
columns put your combined percentages for strongly agree and agree, neutral,
and disagree and strongly disagree. Put headers in the top row above the
data, but don't put a label above the list of questions.

Select the data, create a stacked bar chart. When it's made, double click
the vertical axis (the X axis) and on the Scale tab, check Categories in
Reverse Order and Value Axis Crosses At Maximum Category. Go to Chart menu
Chart Options, and on the Data Labels tab, choose Values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions