Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
baffledbrewer

Default How do i get lines on a line graph?

I am trying to plot a number of series of data on the same graph. It is
experimental data with 'time' as the x axis. Measurements of the
experimental data were taken at 4 hour intervals, but they were not all
started at the same time. This means that the values of time in the
table must increment by 1 but there will not be an experimental value
for each hour because a measurement was not taken. The data table is
included in a word file attachment.

When i plot a line graph or scatter graph of the points, there is not a
line going through the points. I have done some experimenting and
concluded that this is because there are not values for some of the
times on the x axis.

Does anyone know of a way i can represent this data, with lines, all on
one graph?

Thanks

Martyn

|Filename: Baffledbrewer.doc |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4847 |

baffledbrewer
baffledbrewer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35074
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=548259

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MartinW

Hi baffledbrewer,

Can you explain your data in more detail?
What is
2.00.8
2.10.8
2.60.9
etc.

What measurements are your x and y values in?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
baffledbrewer

Sorry, the next post explains in more detail with an attachement but i
have been given a response by another member and my problem is now
resolved.

Thank you for your time though

Martyn