luvgreen

Default line break in a cell

An expert suggested this formula to me "=TEXT(E31,"mmm-yyyy") & CHAR(13) &
E42", which puts a square as the line break symbol. Is there a way to get the
line break instead of a symbol? Thanks.

Chip Pearson

First, you need to use CHAR(10) not CHAR(13). Then, go to the
Format menu, choose Cells, then the Alignment tab. There, check
the "Wrap text" setting.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"luvgreen" wrote in message
An expert suggested this formula to me "=TEXT(E31,"mmm-yyyy") &
CHAR(13) &
E42", which puts a square as the line break symbol. Is there a
way to get the
line break instead of a symbol? Thanks.

luvgreen

Thanks Chip. It worked. I have another question, when the text show as x-axis
lable, it is still in one line not two lines when it is not horizontal. Is
there a way to make the label show as two lines?

Thanks.