Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I get Pivot Tables to recognise time formatted data

I am attempting to construct a pivot table to sum time spent on a phone bill.
The source data is in HH:MM:SS format yet the pivot table shows a zero when
performing the sum function.

Why or how can I overcome this and actually get the pivot table to correctly
add up the time to show an answer in total HH:MM:SS format ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cadelin,

You are probably working with string values that look like times. Try using

=TIMEVALUE(E2)
or
=VALUE(E2)

where E2 is the first cell with the time values - copy down, then use that column as your PT data
source.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP