Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I put Goal Seek into a cell formula?

I'm working on a Sales bid template where I need to calculate a unit price
but that price must be equal to a certain profit %. Goal seek will do the
job, but the template is to be used by beginning Excel-ers. The problem I
have is that I need to have the formula calculate to a certain profit margin
%, but I also need to allow for adjustment to that calculated price by the
user in case they want to "tweek" the calculated price to see what happens to
profit margin % if they move the price up or down. Therefore, my gross Sales
dollars must be equal to Price X Units. I just need to calc the starting
price in one cell (to equal desired margin %)(A), have a second cell for
"adjustment" (B) and a third that is adjusted price (A+B). Any ideas?