sub210

Default Make graphs in Excel all the same size ready to paste into Word -

I've created a number of histograms in Excel 97 and want to paste them into a
Word 97 document.
I'd like all the histograms to be/appear the same size in the document ie
the histograms and boxes around them.
At the moment, I'm manually trying to do this by dragging on the sizing
handles for each histogram and then seeing if they look the same.
Is there a way to do this automatically?
Many thanks.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Make graphs in Excel all the same size ready to paste into Word -

  1. Select all the histograms that you want to make the same size.
  2. Go to the "Format" tab in the Excel ribbon.
  3. In the "Size" group, click on the "Size and Properties" button.
  4. In the "Size and Properties" dialog box, make sure that the "Properties" tab is selected.
  5. In the "Properties" tab, note down the values for "Height" and "Width".
  6. Change the values for "Height" and "Width" to the same values for all the histograms.
  7. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  8. Now, all the histograms should be the same size.
  9. Copy the histograms by selecting them and pressing "Ctrl+C".
  10. Open the Word document and paste the histograms by pressing "Ctrl+V".
  11. If the histograms are not the right size in Word, you can adjust them by clicking on them and dragging the sizing handles.

By following these steps, you can easily make all the histograms the same size in Excel and then paste them into Word without having to manually adjust each one.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Debra Dalgleish

Jon Peltier has code for resizing and moving charts:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...oveAChart.html

and for pasting into Word:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jon Peltier

Stephanie Krieger just covered a technique to size charts on chart sheets uniformly
in her blog:

http://www.arouet.net/archives/2004/...excel_ch_1.php

If you want to work with embedded charts, set up your sheet so all columns and rows
are the same size. when moving and dragging the charts, hold the Alt key, which
makes the chart edges stick to cell boundaries. Now make the charts the same number
of rows and columns in size.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

sub210 wrote:

I've created a number of histograms in Excel 97 and want to paste them
into a Word 97 document.
I'd like all the histograms to be/appear the same size in the document
ie the histograms and boxes around them.
At the moment, I'm manually trying to do this by dragging on the
sizing handles for each histogram and then seeing if they look the same.
Is there a way to do this automatically?
Many thanks.

John Holland

I've created a number of histograms in Excel 97 and want to paste them
into a Word 97 document.
I'd like all the histograms to be/appear the same size in the document
ie the histograms and boxes around them.

i love "jwalk chart tools":

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm