Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to add a number on to itself in Excel 2000

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet for tracking hours worked or overtime hours.

It constantly gets updated with new figures. Example: current overtime
hours is 6. He has worked 3 more now. I want to know how I can just
type in the new value 3 and add it on to the old figure of 6 without
doing the math myself.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If total hours is displayed in column C for employees in row 3 through
30, put the formula (or add to the present formula) in cell C3
+SUM(B3:J3). Copy the formula through cell C30. Now the first day put
the overtime hours in column D, column E for the next day's OT hours,
column F for the next day's hours, etc You can even name the columns D
through J Monday, Tues, OT hours. To start the next week, just
delete tehe contents of column D through J. ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mustafa

HI, I am Mostafa
This issue i have seen my boss doing it all the time.
To add a number on to itself, you can just stop over the cell you want to
modify and press F2, to change its contents, add equal sign "=" before the
number, then add the plus "+" sign after the number and write the additional
value.
Like;
The cell content is "6", you want to add 3 more. Stop over it, press F2, add
"=" before the number,add "+" after the number, then write 3. The formula bar
will display "=6+3", and the cell will display "9". Do this every time the
value is to be updated, (e.g; "=6+3+2+1+3", which will be "15")
--
Keep the Hope