Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bohemianzzrek

Default From Dollar ($) sign style to Dirhams (Dhs.) sign style

In Excel 2003, I would like to change the Dollar ($) sign style to Dirhams
(Dhs.) sign style and I really don't know how to do it.Please help me.Thank
you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lotus123

Click Format, then click Cells. Select custom from the bottom.

Select the fomat you prefer with the $ symbol. Change the $ symbol to
the Dirhams symbol...from what I can tell, it looks kind of like this
◊.

I tried it in my version of Excel and it worked in placing a ◊ in
front of numbers instead of a dollar sign. If the Dirhams symbol needs
to go at the back, just move the placement of the symbol in the custom
format screen.

--
Lotus123
Lotus123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28611

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bohemianzzrek

I did receive/read your response to my question but sad to say that it won't
work to my Excel 2003/XP Home.Perhaps I am naive with regards to excel that
is why I didn't follow you well your instructions.Anyway, what I did are the
following and I am begging to please send me a reply wether I did the wrong
way and I thank you in advance and may your tribe increase:I click Cell
wherein the $56.00 which I want to change to Dhs.56.00, click Format, click
Custom from the bottom and I changed all the dollar ($) on it to —Š and I
click OK but nothing happened.Your help will be highly appreciated if you
will tell me the step-by-step on how to do it please.Thank you once again.

"Lotus123" wrote:

Click Format, then click Cells. Select custom from the bottom.

Select the fomat you prefer with the $ symbol. Change the $ symbol to
the Dirhams symbol...from what I can tell, it looks kind of like this
—Š.

I tried it in my version of Excel and it worked in placing a —Š in