nebb

Default Concatenating a cell address

Let's say cell B5 on a worksheet contains the name "Bob". If, in cell
B10, I were to enter '=B5' , the contents of cell B5, or 'Bob'
would appear in cell B10.

Now, in cell A1 of the worksheet, I have the number 5 and in cell A2 I
enter the following:
=concatenate("=B",A1)
Cell A2 would now contain the term '=B5', not the contents of cell B5.
Is there a function that would allow me,after doing the concatenation,
to have the cell show the contents of the constructed cell address?

--
nebb
nebb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8981

Anne Troy

You should be able to =B10&A1
?
Or I don't understand what you're trying to do. Tell us the cell contents,
and the desired end result.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"nebb" wrote in message

Let's say cell B5 on a worksheet contains the name "Bob". If, in cell
B10, I were to enter '=B5' , the contents of cell B5, or 'Bob'
would appear in cell B10.

Now, in cell A1 of the worksheet, I have the number 5 and in cell A2 I
enter the following:
=concatenate("=B",A1)
Cell A2 would now contain the term '=B5', not the contents of cell B5.
Is there a function that would allow me,after doing the concatenation,
to have the cell show the contents of the constructed cell address?

--
nebb
nebb's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387776

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=INDIRECT("B"&A1)

Or

A1 = 5
B1 = B

=INDIRECT(B1&A1)

Biff

"nebb" wrote in message

Let's say cell B5 on a worksheet contains the name "Bob". If, in cell
B10, I were to enter '=B5' , the contents of cell B5, or 'Bob'
would appear in cell B10.

Now, in cell A1 of the worksheet, I have the number 5 and in cell A2 I
enter the following:
=concatenate("=B",A1)
Cell A2 would now contain the term '=B5', not the contents of cell B5.
Is there a function that would allow me,after doing the concatenation,
to have the cell show the contents of the constructed cell address?

--
nebb
nebb's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387776