Dave Peterson

Default Open a file in excel from a link in eplorer

Saved from a previous post:

There's a setting in Windows that you can change.

In win98, I can do this:
Start Windows Explorer
View|Folder Options
File Types Tab
scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet
Select it
click the edit button
There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it.

That's where you can toggle the "confirm open after download", too.

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

Don wrote:

How can I force Excel to open and load a file when
clicking on a link rather than ahve excel come up in an IE
window - losing all the toolbars and buttons etc?

Any whre to look?

Thanks,
Don

--