bloke

Default Convert a number of minutes like 400 into hours and minutes

How would i convert 2000 minutes into hours and minutes?

I dont know why i cant work this out.

Thanks!

--
bloke
bloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24611

swatsp0p

First, format the output cell as Custom [H]:mm then enter this
formula:

=(A1/1440)

where A1 holds your 2000 minutes. This will return 33:20 (which is
2000/60 to get a decimal hours and then /24 to get a decimal days.
Formatting as above (bracketed 'H') forces Excel to return total hours
and not round it to days.

HTH

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381961

bloke

That is great, thank you very much indeed.

--
bloke
bloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24611
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381961

swatsp0p

You are most welcome. Glad it worked for you. Feedback is always
appreciated.

Cheers!