Val

Default Continuous page numbers in workbook of multiple worksheets

I would like the page numbers to start with 1 on the first worksheet in a
workbook and then have the next worksheet pick up with where the first
worksheet left off. For example, if the first worksheet has 2 pages and the
second worksheet in the workbook had 3 pages, then the first worksheet would
contain pages 1 and 2 while the 2nd worksheet would contain pages 3, 4, and
5. Is there a way to have Excel figure out what the first page number should
be in the 2nd worksheet or do I always have to manually update it in Page
setup.

THANKS!
Ron de Bruin

Hi Val

Select all sheets first (right click on a sheet tab)
Print
Ungroup the sheets

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Val" wrote in message ...
I would like the page numbers to start with 1 on the first worksheet in a
workbook and then have the next worksheet pick up with where the first
worksheet left off. For example, if the first worksheet has 2 pages and the
second worksheet in the workbook had 3 pages, then the first worksheet would
contain pages 1 and 2 while the 2nd worksheet would contain pages 3, 4, and
5. Is there a way to have Excel figure out what the first page number should
be in the 2nd worksheet or do I always have to manually update it in Page
setup.

THANKS!

Earl Kiosterud

Val,

In File - Page setup - Page tab, the "First page number" box must be set to
"Auto." And you have to have put page number codes in your header, which I
think you've already done. If not, it's File - Page Setup - Header/Footer -
Header (or Footer). It's the &[Page] code you need. Now you have to print
it as one print job, either by selecting the sheets, then doing one print,
or using the entire workbook option in File - Print.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/