mrbalaje

Default Linking the data from one excel to another

Suppose i have two excel named "Reference Sheet" and "Data Sheet".

And I am entering my day to day datas in the excel "Data Sheet" in cell
A1-A25 line by line and data by data.

I want the same data which I entered in "Data sheet" in the "Reference
sheet" without i manual entering the data in it.

Eg: Data in Cell A4 of "Data Sheet" should be populated in Cell A4 of
"Reference Sheet".

Please help me how to link one excel datas with an another excel.
dominicb

Goo morning MrBalaje

This formula will do the trick:

=ReferenceSheet!A4

To link one sheet with another, press "=" and then navigate to the cell
/ sheet you want to link to, and press enter. When you copy the rows
down, the cell ranges will change automatically.

To copy a large range of cells try this:

eg., from cell range A1:E100, destination sheet highlight this range
and press "=", then go to your source sheet and highlight the same
range, but instead of pressing enter, press ctrl + shift + enter. This
will set up an array of this range will update as your source changes.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

R.VENKATARAMAN

in reference sheet cell A1 type
=datasheet!A1 and hit enter
copy referencesheet A1 down upto A25
initially it will all be 0

now as you enter data in datasheet a1 down the cells in referencesheet from
a1 will be filled.

may threre is a better solution.