Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I make a drop down box visible within a worksheet?

this was VERY helpful!!! Please ignore further instruction below because
everything below is actually more confusing...and Bonnie, you're method is
elementary and doesn't address the question

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Office button Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is selected.
Click the Developer tab Controls Insert Combobox from the active x
controls,
right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that opens.
Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode button
to get out
of design mode

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"skittles_golf" wrote in message
How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
--
Jenny

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't using datavalidation, you can if you use a combobox from the
control toolbox

Peo Sjoblom

"skittles_golf" wrote in message
I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make
them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the
arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite
sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here is how you would create a dropdown that is visible in the sheet (like a
form used for expense claims - don't ask teckies how to do real work!).

- Click on the Windows button (top left corner)
- Click on "Excel Options" button near the bottom of the drop down menu.
- Click on the third check box (default unselected) "Always show developer
tab in ribbon", then click Okay (Might as well leave it on, useful if your
doing this often Jenny)
- Click on the "Developer" tab, the click on "Insert", and under "FORM
CONTROLS" (Not Active X)
- Click and drag the box to the desired size and location.
- Right click on the box, and select "Format Control"
- In the new pop-up box, enter the cell range in the "Input range" column.
(Just like in 2003), then click ok.

Hope this helps; Sad it took a Canadian accountant to figure this out!

Cheers.