sammc2

Default column filtering to match identical numbers

I have a master column that has 2000 numbers in the list.
I have a 2nd column that has 400 of the same numbers that exist in the
master.
I need to take the 2nd column and sort it in such a way that the 400
numbers will be in the same row as the matching ones in the master
column.

--
sammc2
sammc2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19402

Morrigan

Assuming A1:A2000 is the master data, and B1:B400 is the sorting data

C1 = MATCH(B1,A$1:A$2000,0)
C2 = MATCH(B2,A$1:A$2000,0)
...C400

D1 = INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(ROW(),C$1:C$400,0))
D2 = INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(ROW(),C$1:C$400,0))
...D400

If you do not want to see those #N/A, use an IF statement and ISERROR,
make that "".

Hope this helps

Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=387364