Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default DCOUNT vs. SUMPRODUCT

I'm reviewing a workbook that has DCOUNT all through it in places where I'd
probably use SUMPRODUCT. Is there some guidance where to use one over the
other. Was DCOUNT available before SUMPRODUCT?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The way I see it is that multiplication is another form of additon (which is
an extended form of counting)...

to get 3x5 you can add 5 three times...

Same applies to DCOUNT/DSUM and SUMPRODUCT... with the former you can only
count/sum... with the latter you can cound/sum AND multiply...

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I'm reviewing a workbook that has DCOUNT all through it in places where I'd
probably use SUMPRODUCT. Is there some guidance where to use one over the
other. Was DCOUNT available before SUMPRODUCT?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DCOUNT is a lot faster than SUMPRODUCT, but more difficult to setup because
of the need for a separate criteria range.

Charles Williams
Decision Models