Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want to keep leading zeros in my excel spreat sheet, How?

I need to keep the leading zeros in my CSV files. How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way is to put an apostrophe (single quote) in front of the value
--
Gary's Student

I need to keep the leading zeros in my CSV files. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Pre-format the cells/column as TEXT

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

I need to keep the leading zeros in my CSV files. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you can see the leading 0's in excel, then after you create your CSV file,
don't import it back into excel to verify it.

Open that CSV file in Notepad--or your favorite text editor.

(Reopening in excel will lose those leading 0's--but they should be there in the
CSV file.)

Mark Engbretsen wrote:

I need to keep the leading zeros in my CSV files. How can I do this?

--

Dave Peterson