Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Greg

Default Date Function formula that will return the date of a specific week

I am trying to set up a date field in a spreadsheet that will always give the
date of the upcoming Saturday. I have tried the "Weekday" function along with
the "If" and the "If/Or" statements without success. Can someone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

try
=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+7

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Greg" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a date field in a spreadsheet that will always give
the
date of the upcoming Saturday. I have tried the "Weekday" function along
with
the "If" and the "If/Or" statements without success. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Greg --

Here's something. Tried it and it seems to work. If today's date is in
cell A1:

=A1+(7-WEEKDAY(A1))

HTH

"Greg" wrote:

I am trying to set up a date field in a spreadsheet that will always give the
date of the upcoming Saturday. I have tried the "Weekday" function along with
the "If" and the "If/Or" statements without success. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try this:
=A2+(7-WEEKDAY(A2))
with your date in A2

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"Greg" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a date field in a spreadsheet that will always give
the
date of the upcoming Saturday. I have tried the "Weekday" function along
with
the "If" and the "If/Or" statements without success. Can someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

try:

=TODAY()+7-WEEKDAY(TODAY())