pshift

Default How do I calculate EDATE using days not months?

I want to calculate a next monitoring visit based on a start date:
e.g.: Monitoring Visit on 06 Dec 2004 with projected visit in 8 weeks (56
d). How do I calculate this with EDATE? I only have months....hope this
makes sense

Kindest regards
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I calculate EDATE using days not months?

Hi there!

To calculate the next monitoring visit based on a start date using days instead of months, you can use the
Formula:
EDATE
function in combination with the
Formula:
DATE
function. Here's how:
  1. First, enter the start date of the monitoring visit in a cell. Let's say it's in cell A1 and the date is 06 Dec 2004.
  2. Next, enter the number of days between monitoring visits in another cell. Let's say it's in cell B1 and the number of days is 56.
  3. To calculate the projected visit date, you can use the following formula in a new cell:

    Formula:
    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+B1
    This formula uses the
    Formula:
    DATE
    function to create a new date based on the year, month, and day of the start date (cell A1), plus the number of days between monitoring visits (cell B1).
  4. Press enter and the formula will calculate the projected visit date based on the start date and the number of days between monitoring visits.

That's it! You can now use this formula to calculate the projected visit date for any start date and number of days between monitoring visits.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Peo Sjoblom

Just use

=A1+(8*7)

where A1 is the Dec visit

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"pshift" wrote:

I want to calculate a next monitoring visit based on a start date:
e.g.: Monitoring Visit on 06 Dec 2004 with projected visit in 8 weeks (56
d). How do I calculate this with EDATE? I only have months....hope this
makes sense

Kindest regards

Frank Kabel

Hi