Arija

Default Why does Excel saves all my files as temporary files?

Excel does not allow me to save changes I have made to my files. It states
that it is has saved them as a temporary file and I need to open them and
rename them. The files are not protected or read-only. In addition, it will
not allow me to delete files. It looks as if it is being deleted, but it
does not remove the program. Any suggestions?
Frank Kabel

Hi
just a guess: Clean your temp directory and reboot your computer

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Arija" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Excel does not allow me to save changes I have made to my files. It

states
that it is has saved them as a temporary file and I need to open them

and
rename them. The files are not protected or read-only. In addition,

it will
not allow me to delete files. It looks as if it is being deleted,

but it
does not remove the program. Any suggestions?

Dave Peterson

When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8
characters--no extension).

If the save is successful, xl will delete the original (or rename it to its
backup name (like "backup of book1.xlk)) and if that's successful, xl will
rename the funny named file to the original's name.

Common things that get blamed for interruptions to this process are antivirus
software poking its head in or network errors--either permissions or physical
problems.

From your description, it sure sounds like you don't have the correct
permissions for that drive/folder.