Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop down list - how doo I make selection disapear?

I have a drop down list, with 16 names, and also 16 cells where the same drop
down list is displayed. What I want is this:

When e.g. the name "Ann" is selected in one of the cells (based on the drop
down list) I want "Ann" to disappear from all of the other drop down lists.
This to ensure that one name can only be selected once, and to make sure that
all names are selected at least once.

How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB JB is offline

http://cjoint.com/?bCk3PDbBzG

Named ranges
Choices =ListeDifference!$A$2:$A$5
ListAll =ListeDifference!$C$2:$C$7
ListDiff =ListeDifference!$E$2:$E$7

-Sélect E2:E8
=INDEX(ListAll,SMALL(IF(ISNA(MATCH(ListAll,Choices ,0)),MATCH
(ListAll,ListAll,0),""),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(Lis tAll)))))
Valid avec Shilt+Ctrl+Enter

Lists en A2:A5: Data/Valid/List
=ListDiff

JB
http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr/

On 26 jan, 10:37, Tore wrote:
I have a drop down list, with 16 names, and also 16 cells where the same drop
down list is displayed. What I want is this:

When e.g. the name "Ann" is selected in one of the cells (based on the drop
down list) I want "Ann" to disappear from all of the other drop down lists.
This to ensure that one name can only be selected once, and to make sure that
all names are selected at least once.

How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Debra has just the ticket for this, try her page at:
Excel -- Data Validation -- Hide Previously Used Items in Dropdown
There's a sample file there to download
(link is somewhere near the bottom on that page)
--
Max
Singapore