Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bmk bmk is offline

Default how do I record the time data is entered into a spreadsheet?

I want to record the time and date data is entered into a row on a
spreadsheet and not have it change when more data is added to the next row,
using the =now() formula will update every time data is entered on the next
row, I want each row of data to have a time stamp of when it was first put in.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 15, 10:48 am, bmk wrote:
I want to record the time and date data is entered into a row on a
spreadsheet and not have it change when more data is added to the next row,
using the =now() formula will update every time data is entered on the next
row, I want each row of data to have a time stamp of when it was first put in.

You could try this:

rightclick on your worksheet = view code

and enter following:

Dim colInt As Byte
Dim ws As String

colInt = 3 '=C change to whatever column you want to enter the date
ws = "sheet1" 'change to the name of your worksheet

If Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(Target.Row, colInt).Value = "" Then
Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(Target.Row, colInt).Value = Now()

hth

Carlo