Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I auto-convert European dates to US dates?

I have data that is being imported into Excel, and it's coming in with
European-style date formatting (Day-Month-Year). I would like to figure out a
way to automatically convert the dates into US date formatting
(Month-Day-Year). Does anyone know how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want Excel to be able to read in the data in DMY format, make sure
that your Windows Regional Options (in Control Panel) expect that format.
To display values in MDY format, choose an appropriate format in Format/
Cells.
--
David Biddulph

"sandi" wrote in message
I have data that is being imported into Excel, and it's coming in with
European-style date formatting (Day-Month-Year). I would like to figure
out a
way to automatically convert the dates into US date formatting
(Month-Day-Year). Does anyone know how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If Excel does recognize these as dates and you cannot simply re-format try
running them through DataText to ColumnNextNextColumn Data FormatDate

Select MDY and Finish.

"Automatically" would require some sort of macro or event code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP