Dave1155

Default Pulling data from 1 sheet to another

I am working with several large excel sheets(stats, employees etc.). I am
trying to tie all 4 of these sheets into 1 sheet that will pull data from the
main raw data sheets. So far I have been able to pull data from all the
sheets and create the reports and charts I need using vlookup etc., but I am
stumped on this one problem. I keep thinking it is very easy, but I think I
am missing something obvious. Here is the scenario:
1 of the data sheets includes in column 1 the employees number and then
various data collected on performance...this employees number and data can be
in several rows denoting different data pulls...
IE:

c1 c2 c3 etc...
r1 emp 1 data data data...
r2 emp 2 data data data...
r3 emp 3 data data data
r4 emp 1 data data data
r5 emp 3 data data data

What I need to do is pull all of emp 1 rows of data and put it in a seperate
sheet. The user will just input the emp # and the sheet will read through
the raw data and create a list in another sheet with all emp# listed as
pulled from the main sheet.
I hope this long explanation gives the required info to find a solution to
this query.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Dave V.
jcaggianiello

Have you tried VLOOKUP? That might help you. I am wondering if you came up
with a solution to your issue as I am having a similar one. I am trying to
extract rows from a table based on a condition that a specific text string is
found in that table under the appropriate column. So what would happen is if
a certain cell equals this string, the entire row where it is located would
be updated into another worksheet.

Any help would be great. Thanks.