Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to copy a whole Excel spreadsheet page in 2007 vs 2003?

In Excel 2003 while in a workbook I could go to the Edit drop down menu at
the top bar, and from that choose "Copy or Move...(whole page)". I could use
this to copy a whole page/worksheet -- keeping all the data and the
formatting (for ease of updating reports of data that changes monthly). I
could then update and rename the page. I could even copy the whole
spreadsheet into a new or specified other workbook. This would save me much
time reformatting a blank new spreadsheet with all the same columns,
headings, and repeat of 80% of the data.
Now I have Excel 2007, I cannot find how to copy a whole spreadsheet
page. Can anyone advise me how to do this in Excel 2007? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Home Format Move or copy Sheet...

Microsoft has an interactive tool to answer these questions:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx

You issue the command as in 2003 and it shows you how to do the same in 2007!!

Spread the word.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"Bonnie" wrote:

In Excel 2003 while in a workbook I could go to the Edit drop down menu at
the top bar, and from that choose "Copy or Move...(whole page)". I could use
this to copy a whole page/worksheet -- keeping all the data and the
formatting (for ease of updating reports of data that changes monthly). I
could then update and rename the page. I could even copy the whole
spreadsheet into a new or specified other workbook. This would save me much
time reformatting a blank new spreadsheet with all the same columns,
headings, and repeat of 80% of the data.
Now I have Excel 2007, I cannot find how to copy a whole spreadsheet
page. Can anyone advise me how to do this in Excel 2007? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click on Sheet Tab and "Move or Copy"

2007 and 2003 both the same.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP