Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to hide or replace (blank) in a Pivot Table Column

I have created a Pivot Table and where there is no data for that column I
would like to replace the (blank) with a comment etc. I know if you sum a
column etc you can put something in for empty cells. I do not want to hide
the row as there is a Property Name that is required to be seen

Thanks

Anne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I believe if you right mouse click on the pivot table, select Table
Options, check "For empty values, show:" and fill in something, you
should be set. Let me know if that's not what you were looking for.

cheers,
..o.

On Apr 16, 5:08 pm, enna49 wrote:
I have created a Pivot Table and where there is no data for that column I
would like to replace the (blank) with a comment etc. I know if you sum a
column etc you can put something in for empty cells. I do not want to hide
the row as there is a Property Name that is required to be seen

Thanks

Anne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Debra Dalgleish has an addin that does lots of things--including this:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn.html

But you can just select one of those cells with (blank) in them and type what
you want instead.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Dave

I was trying to delete the information from the cell and would get the
message "Cannot change this part of a Pivot Table Report", if I input a Zero
it will change all the cells with (blanks) and that is exactly what I wanted.

Thanks