Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I constantly display worksheet headers in normal view?

In Excel (MS Office 2003 for Small Business), is there a way to keep the view
the headers present while editing a worksheet? I often have several files
open at a time or move between worksheets within a file and would like to see
the headers at a glance, perhaps just above the columns.

Is there already a way to see this without always clicking <View <Headers
etc.?

Thanks!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I constantly display worksheet headers in normal view?

Yes, there is a way to keep the headers present while editing a worksheet in Excel. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Open the worksheet you want to work on.
  2. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Workbook Views" section, click on "Page Layout" view.
  4. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  5. In the "Page Setup" section, click on "Print Titles".
  6. In the "Page Setup" dialog box that appears, click on the "Sheet" tab.
  7. In the "Rows to repeat at top" field, click on the small icon to the right.
  8. Select the row(s) that contain the headers you want to display.
  9. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Now, whenever you are in "Page Layout" view, the headers you selected will be displayed at the top of the screen, even when you scroll down the worksheet. You can switch back to "Normal" view by clicking on the "View" tab and selecting "Normal" view.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you have column headers in row 1 on a worksheet, have you tried
clicking in cell A2 and then using Window | Freeze? That will keep row 1 in
view as you scroll down that sheet.

"srsmith41" wrote:

In Excel (MS Office 2003 for Small Business), is there a way to keep the view
the headers present while editing a worksheet? I often have several files
open at a time or move between worksheets within a file and would like to see
the headers at a glance, perhaps just above the columns.

Is there already a way to see this without always clicking <View <Headers
etc.?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for your response. I'm not asking about viewing column headers,
I'm concerned about viewing the worksheet headers -- the title of the
worksheet that appears on the printed page above the columns. Any additional
thoughts?

I appreciate your help!

"srsmith41" wrote:

In Excel (MS Office 2003 for Small Business), is there a way to keep the view
the headers present while editing a worksheet? I often have several files
open at a time or move between worksheets within a file and would like to see
the headers at a glance, perhaps just above the columns.

Is there already a way to see this without always clicking <View <Headers
etc.?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Headers. But I don't see why this should be restricted to Print Preview.
There's plenty of information available on the editing page. Why not the
name (not just the filename or the columns/rows names) of the worksheet?

I hope this clarifies my question.

"srsmith41" wrote in message
In Excel (MS Office 2003 for Small Business), is there a way to keep the
view
the headers present while editing a worksheet? I often have several files
open at a time or move between worksheets within a file and would like to
see
the headers at a glance, perhaps just above the columns.

Is there already a way to see this without always clicking <View
<Headers
etc.?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You cannot see headers or footers except in Print Preview mode.

Unless you add the header or footer values to cells in top row then use a
macro to slap those values into a header or footer when printing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP