Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BorisS

Default pick from dropdown list

Just curious...I was in a formula, highlighted a vlookup command (in case
this question's answer pings on that fact somehow), and right clicked,
finding a "pick from dropdown list" option. Selected it, but nothing showed
up in the little box that appears on the sheet itself, just below the formula
cell. Just curious what this is, and whether I'm missing out on some
interesting functionality/convenience feature. I am on '03,.

Thx.
--
Boris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
VBA Noob

Hi,

If you have a list of data say in column A and just after the last
entry you right click and select pick from list it shows you a list of
all the entries above

Hoe that helps

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Boris

This is true for any cell no matter what is in the cell.

The pick from list gives you a choice of items to pick from if there is anything
in the cells above the cell you are editing.

Enter a,b,c,d,e,f in A1:A6

Select A7 and F2 then right-click in the cell.

Pick from list will give you a choice of a,b,c,d,e,f

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:08:02 -0700, BorisS
wrote:

Just curious...I was in a formula, highlighted a vlookup command (in case
this question's answer pings on that fact somehow), and right clicked,
finding a "pick from dropdown list" option. Selected it, but nothing showed
up in the little box that appears on the sheet itself, just below the formula
cell. Just curious what this is, and whether I'm missing out on some
interesting functionality/convenience feature. I am on '03,.

Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BorisS

Sort of selectively works, as a list with lots of values (I have a 12k data
list for a pivot table) does not give me the option of one of the 12 months I
have listed in one of those columns, when I go to the end of the list.
But useful new piece of knowledge nonetheless. Thanks.
--
Boris